Next generation web filtering
Real-Time Categorization / Tru-View Technology
The Internet continues to grow in size. Millions of new websites are created every month and the content of existing pages changes constantly. Web filters that rely exclusively on URL databases and keywords to control user access offer limited protection and can't cope with the Web's continual growth and dynamic nature.
With other Internet filters, it's easy to view inappropriate or unproductive content travel, gaming, pornography, shopping and much more as the Web page simply won't be in the URL database. This can reduce employee productivity and efficiency and expose your network to increased security risks and legal liabilities.
DataCove went back to the drawing board and developed its revolutionary Tru-View Technology Web filtering appliance. Using patented language analysis and intelligent identification techniques, DataCoveCF Tru-View Technology performs live analysis and real-time categorization of a Web page, giving you fuller coverage of the Internet and dramatically improving protection and security.
Tru-View Technology vs. other Web Filtering Solutions
So why is DataCoveCF 's Tru-View Technology giving our competitors' sleepless nights? The following table shows why DataCoveCF Tru-View is the future of web filtering:
1st / 2nd Gen Web Filters
DataCove Tru-View Technology
- URL databases, no matter how large they are, provide only limited coverage of the Internet.
DataCove Tru-View Technology automatically analyzes and categorizes requested URLs not included in the optimized DataCove URL database, providing greatly improved coverage of the Internet.
- Manual URL categorization using humans is slow and inconsistent, prone to categorization errors and cannot keep up with the growth of the Internet.
+ DataCove Tru-View Technology can automatically analyze and categorize up to six million URLs a day and its patented technology delivers unrivalled levels of classification accuracy.
- New websites not yet categorized in a URL database are easily accessible and often need to be manually added to a blacklist to block them.
+ It doesn't matter what category the URL belongs to shopping, violence, travel, anonymous proxies DataCove Tru-View Technology controls it with minimal effort from you.
- New websites need to be discovered and categorized before being added to a URL database this could be several months after a website is launched
+ DataCove Tru-View Technology automatically categorizes and filters web pages even if no one has seen the content before giving you outstanding zero-day protection.
- URLs in a URL database are seldom re-classified. If the site content changes then the site may be mis-categorized and available to your users.
When the content on a site changes, DataCove Tru-View Technology will analyze and categorize the site into the appropriate category.
How does DataCoveCF Tru-View Technology Filter Web Content?
DataCoveCF TVT Process Diagram
(Click the image to enlarge)
When a user enters the URL of the web page they want to view into their browser, the DataCoveCF Web Filter immediately performs a series of steps to determine if the user should be allowed to view the page. The requested page will either be displayed or blocked based on a combination of the users Internet Usage Policy and the presence of online threats on the page.
Since the DataCoveCF web filter uses a multi-layered approach, a page can be blocked at any step.
1. URL is checked against a customer-managed database of black-listed or white listed URLs.
2. URL is checked against the optimized URL database which is updated nightly by DataCoveCF to ensure that it contains the most relevant URLs. The DataCoveCF database contains 51 categories.
3. The file type is checked for example is the file a .exe file?
4. The requesting application is checked to determine if it as P2P or IM application.
5. URL is checked to see if the requested page is a Phishing site or a site containing Spyware. These lists are continually updated by DataCoveCF to ensure that they include the newest sites.
6. Requested page is fetched from the Internet.
7. Page is scanned to check for blocked keywords.
8. Page is scanned to check for virus signatures. The anti-virus database is updated nightly by DataCoveCF to ensure that new gateway-level viruses are blocked.
9. If the requested URL and page passes all of these checks and the requested URL was not listed in the local or DataCoveCF URL database, the page is then analyzed and categorized by Tru-View Technology. Advanced contextual analysis techniques determine the content of a web page with unsurpassed accuracy.